Because it's snowing in Minneapolis...

Monday, February 1, 2010
I went to my friends Laura and Chris' baby's baptism this weekend in North St. Paul.  I'd never been to North St. Paul, and Laura has been telling me since we met about the giant snowman that her hometown is famous for. I think I'm a little bit famous in these parts for my love of roadside attractions, because in her email inviting me to the baptism Laura pointed out that her parents' house is just about three miles away from the giant snowman, and when I mentioned to Julia that I was thinking of going to the baptism she immediately told me how close we would be to the snowman and offered to take me to see it while we were in town.  So, with two good reasons to make the trek, I journeyed for the very first time to North St. Paul.  And found this:


I can't say I'm a huge fan of the fact that there's an American flag coming out of his hat (because it just seems out of place, not because I don't love this great country), but I do love his weird little stick arms and the fact that his little red scarf sticks straight out on the side.  And, to prove that I was there (and that it's ridiculously cold here), there's this photo:


And since it's snowing in Minneapolis today it seemed like a good day to share this wonderful attraction with you.  Hope you like it!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Okay, does giant snowman exist year round? *crossing fingers*

Trish said...

No, you should probably get in the car and start driving immediately...

Nancy said...

I love that you look like an eskimo (a cute one)! :D

Post a Comment