A Confession

Tuesday, May 18, 2010
An actual email I sent to a sorority sister this afternoon...


Hey Sister Jen!

Okay, I have a confession to make. I may or may not have hijacked your black bean & corn salad recipe. Here's the thing. I think you sent it to me for Sister Beth's bridal shower recipe box and it caught my eye. But then when you sent it to me for Sister Missy's bridal shower recipe box I took it as a sign...and I promptly copied it down and added it to my own recipe book. I had to tell you because, well, it's amazing.* I'm completely obsessed with it and I make a batch about every other week. And I don't share it. With anyone. Sooo...just wanted you to know that I stole it and I'm hoarding it and that I think you're fabulous--just like your black bean and corn salad.

ITB,
Sister Trish





*And I mean seriously.  Does a girl have to get married in order to get a recipe these days?  I know that you have to present your marriage license in order to get your Kitchen-Aid mixer, but come on...



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Where did my comment go?? :( Anyway, I wanted to advise you to add feta cheese to the dip. It is a yummmmmmy addition (if you like feta cheese, if you don't it will be detrimental). And lime juice is good too. That is all.

Post a Comment