Wedding Gazpacho...er--Gestapo...at your service!

Saturday, September 11, 2010
Two weeks ago I went to Chicago to celebrate Tyler and Debbie's nuptials.  When I saw them over Mother's Day weekend Debbie asked me if I would be her official "Wedding Gestapo," meaning I was to make sure that people were in the right places at the right times and that she didn't walk down the aisle without her shoes.  (As it turned out I kept her from walking down the aisle to the wrong song!  "Debbie!  Where do you think you're going?  Is this your jam?  No.  Wait for your jam!")  What I didn't realize until I arrived Friday evening to help set up the reception venue was that she would have a page-long To Do List for me!  (Debbie is one of the most organized people I've ever met.  I'd like to make her an honorary Virgo!)  Among other things, my duties as Wedding Gestapo included setting up favors, putting together centerpieces, lighting candles, DJ'ing the ceremony and reception via her iPod, lacing her into her corset-back dress, and bustling/re-bustling/re-re-bustling the dress.  Jan & Ron were wonderful and helped me check lots of items off my list and everything went very smoothly (if I do say so myself!)!  The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was tons o' fun!


And now for a few photos from the big event...


With my mom and the Travelocity gnome at dinner before setting up at the reception venue.

Tyler, Ron, & Jim
(Ron & his two boys!)

Tyler with the Flower Girls

Jan & Tyler

Tyler & Trish

Champagne as far as the eye can see!

Jan, Ron, & Trish

Cake!

First Dance

I didn't take nearly as many photos as I normally would (I was a little busy), and I especially hate that I didn't get many photos of Debbie or even a photo with her!  I suppose it's a good sign that I was having too much fun to take photos though, right?

Oh, I suppose I should explain the title of this post.  As I was driving to Chicago I was talking with my good friend Missy and we were discussing the fact that I was the official Wedding Gestapo.  Now I'm not sure if she mis-spoke, or if I was just losing it after so many hours alone in the car, but I could have sworn she referred to me as the "Wedding Gazpacho" which, if you don't know, is a cold tomato soup often served in the hot summer months in Spain.  I couldn't stop giggling about her alleged slip-up, so when I arrived that evening I told Debbie about it and she thought it was pretty cute too.  The next morning when I texted the bride to wish her a happy wedding day and to tell her to let me know if she needed anything before I was scheduled to see her she responded with a cheery, "Good Morning, Gazpacho!"  It kept us giggling all day long, so thanks for the laughs, Missers!


It was an honor to be a part of Tyler and Debbie's big day, and I'm so glad that I was able to take a few things off Debbie's plate so she could relax and enjoy the day.  Now Tyler and Debbie are off galavanting around Europe for a couple of weeks enjoying their honeymoon.  Congratulations, you two!  Can't wait to hear all about your latest travel adventures!


(Vickie, I see you lurking in the shadows!  I'm still waiting for you to officially follow me!)  ;)

1 comments:

Mom*Star and/or Ron said...

And now I will never again be able to say either "Gestapo" or "Gazpacho" without stopping to think..."Wait, which is it?" Yes, thanks Missers!!

Post a Comment