As I mentioned in my last post, a lot has happened recently. If you hadn't heard, in addition to having a birthday I also started a new job! I mentioned in my very first blog posting that I had lost my previous job and I thought it was important to mention it, but I made a conscious decision before that first post was even up that I would not drag you all along on a rollercoaster of job applications and interviews and what was certain to feel like a lifetime of waiting. (Some of you did get that by phone though, and I will forever be grateful for your patience and positivity.) Many of you probably tired of hearing my mantra: "This is all going to work out the way it's supposed to. There's something better out there for me. I just have to be patient because it's out there, and a year from now I will be so much happier than I've been for the past year," but it turns out I knew what I was talking about.
What am I doing, you ask? Well, I'm working for one of these:
Okay, not for any of these specific titles, and it's not nearly as glamorous as working for one of these specifically might be, but it's also not Hotdish Monthly. I'm working for a glossy lifestyle magazine as their newest Account Executive. The transition from textbook publishing to magazine has presented a bit of a learning curve, but so far things are not only going really well, but I'm also enjoying it! Now I just have to learn to enjoy the 5:30 wake-up time and the $170/month parking contract...
"I miss camping!" - T*Star
15 years ago

3 comments:
Do tell more!!! What exactly are the responsibilities of an Account Executive? It sounds very important and very glamorous if you ask me!
Congrats on the new job, but for real, do tell more!
Congratulations!!!!
I'm with Hillary -- details, please!!!
Why I had missed this tidbit! Congrats Trishy! Are you going to be in the Chicago area for the holidays? Perhaps we could get together and talk about these new developments!!!
Post a Comment