Well, turns out I didn't have to wait very long for that snow storm. In fact, what had initially been referred to as a Winter Storm Warning has now been declared a Blizzard, and we're under a Blizzard Warning until 6 o'clock tomorrow morning. WOOHOO!
This is what I saw around 9:45 last night:
By 11:30 it looked like this:
When I got up around 8 this morning it looked like this, and it was still coming down:
Sadly, we had to cancel the Delta Gamma Holiday Auction this morning, but the snow "showed no signs of stoppin'" and it was really blowing, so we really didn't want anyone on the roads unnecessarily. (In fact, the weathermen were telling everyone to stay home today unless they HAD to go out, and in those cases they told viewers to be sure they had emergency kits in their cars.) Plus, nothing was being plowed because there was just no point. (When I turned on the news this evening I found out that they shut down Metro Transit and even closed the Mall of America this afternoon!)
This was looking out the front door of my condo building around 11:30 this morning:
This was looking out the front door around 3:00 this afternoon:
No one was going anywhere, clearly:
A while ago I watched someone take their dog out and stop by the neighbor's house. I wish I had gotten video of them trying to get up the stairs, but watching them go down was pretty good too:
And, have I mentioned how much I LOVE living in a condominium? It was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. Occasionally I wish I didn't have those pesky Association dues every month, but on days like today I remember that it's money well-spent, because I'm all toasty and warm and this guy...well...there were several times that he looked like he might just quit:
(For the record, he needs to do it all over again already.)
I'll be back tomorrow with REAL photos, once they've cleared the sidewalks and plowed the roads and I'm able to go outside and check out the damage. Until then, I hope you're all snuggly and warm in your homes like I am tonight!
"I miss camping!" - T*Star
15 years ago
1 comments:
WOW! Nice video!
Stay safe and warm!
Post a Comment