ir a principal |
Ir a lateral
Easter cannot come and go without my consuming a Cadbury Egg. I didn't have one this year and on Monday night I ran into Target to pick up some tulips for a friend who I was about to meet for her birthday dinner. (Happy Birthday, Kristin!) On my way to the register I passed the clearance Easter stuff and saw that they had 4-egg boxes 50% off, so I picked one up and figured I'd eat one and hide the rest from myself.
Fast-forward to last night. I opened the box, ready to enjoy my Cadbury Egg, and found that there were only 3 eggs in the box! The package had not been opened or otherwise tampered with, so it was clear that the good people at Hershey (makers of Cadbury) had simply failed to put a fourth egg in the box before sealing it. I was secretly a little disappointed but decided it was for the best as I really only needed one egg (Target didn't have the individuals, for the record.), so I took one out of the box, slowly and carefully unwrapped it, and prepared myself for the joy of the Cadbury Egg. I bit into it carefully, so as not to lose any of the creamy center... and it was completely hollow!! No cream filling!! There were no pin pricks in the chocolate shell and the wrapper came off cleanly so it was clear that the shell had simply never been filled. Now I was okay with the fact that I only received three eggs in my box of four, but to receive hollow eggs too?
I decided to call the company to let them know that something had gone awry. The lady at Hersey asked a lot of questions about where I bought the eggs and for some numbers on the package, and overall she was really nice and very apologetic. I wasn't trying to get my money back or anything (After all, they were half price and only cost me $1.49.) but I thought they should know. Apparently they're going to reimburse me my $1.49, so you know I'll be watching for the mailman next week. *shakes head* But, the highlight of the call was probably when, as I was thanking the nice lady for her time and saying goodbye, she told me to "Have a sweet day!" Then I pictured those adorable little Hershey's Kiss lamp posts you see all over Hershey, Pennsylvania* and smiled. I've never called in about a faulty or defective product before, and I have to say--Hershey's really does make it a sweet experience!
*You can read about the Spain Girls' (AKA The Chicas in Travelbug Pants) day in Hershey, Pennsylvania here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment