ir a principal |
Ir a lateral

Since I started my new job I've had to attend a number of events. Some of them are networking events that I'm invited to, some of them are charity events that my magazine sponsors and has a table at, some of them are events that we're hosting, and some of them are events thrown by our clients that we attend to show our support for them. I recently attended an event on sustainable fishing. I've actually read some really interesting articles on the topic so I was curious to see what it was all about. The area's best seafood chefs were all there, preparing their signature seafood dishes using sustainable seafood, and they passed out literature and talked about sustainable fishing. Sounds good, right? I thought so too, despite the fact that I'm not much of a seafood person and I'm pretty particular about the seafood that I do eat. However, I should probably mention that the venue was an aquarium. And they had someone playing "Under the Sea" on a flute. While everyone stood around and ate fish. In front of other fish. Does that seem a little...um...fishy...to anyone else? (Click here to download a seafood watch pocket guide.)
2 comments:
I totally feel bad for those fish that were watching their fellow sea creatures become dinner!!
...sounds like a scaled-down event...
Post a Comment