Oh the weather outside's de-light-ful... What? That's not how it goes?

Sunday, December 12, 2010
Well, I'm sad to report that the storm is over and now we're facing overnight windchills of -30 degrees.  BUT, we got a LOT of snow.  How much?  Enough to collapse the roof of the Metrodome, apparently!  I'm still waiting to hear exactly how much we got here in my neighborhood, but totals across the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro were 16-22".  But, rather than TELL you how much snow we got, maybe I should just SHOW you.  What do you think?  I ventured out and snapped a few photos this afternoon.  They really don't do it justice, but they should give you an idea of what we've got up here!


 The view when the garage door went up.

 The main entrance to the building.  Please, no skateboarding.  Or, more importantly, snowboarding.
(There are usually stairs between those two white railings.)

 Two cars in our parking lot.  And a lot of snow.

This is what the neighborhood looks like.

The apartment building next door to my condo.

Another view of the neighborhood.

 Looking down the sidewalk...

 Looking down another sidewalk...

A view of everyone's favorite monument.

 I <3 snow.

 I watched a kid digging out this tunnel in front of his house.

 A view of my local grocery store.

 Please note the size of the tree vs. the size of the snow piles.

This is my Ihopeyouenjoythisphotobecauseit's-2degreesouthereandI'mabouttoloseanear face.

 The Target parking lot.  AKA a giant wall of snow.
(Thank you, SUV, for driving into my photo and giving it perspective.)

Our hero.
(This photo pretty much sums it up.)

1 comments:

Hillary said...

So Trish, it's time we had a serious talk. You live in MN where it feels like minus 300 degrees. A vest doesn't cut it, it's time you get out your parka that zips up to your eyes, down to your ankles and for crying out loud, covers your arms!!! You are crazy girl!!

Post a Comment