View Larger Map
Katie, Becky, and I rode up together Friday afternoon and Lara joined us Friday evening. On the way to the cabin Katie asked if I'd brought my laptop. "Katie. You've told me absolutely nothing about this "cabin" other than where it is. I literally don't even know if I'm going to have to pump my own water this weekend. I didn't assume there would be internet at this cabin." Apparently this was pretty funny to Katie and Becky, but in my family "going to the cabin" literally means there's a big orange water pump out front and you're going to have to put on your boots and coat to go "to the bathroom." So you can imagine my surprise when we arrived here:
Front of Cabin
Back of Cabin (taken from the dock)
The lake was like glass, and I've never experienced such complete and total silence in my life. Standing on the dock you literally couldn't even hear a bird. It was amazing.
Stone Lake
We spent the weekend gabbing, playing games, reading, and watching movies. (There were also various cocktails, mudslides, late-night conference calls to husbands, and a ridiculous amount of food.) At the local grocery store (in Hayward) I was incredibly entertained to find three separate cheese departments. The "blocks of cheese" department looked like this:
The Blocks of Cheese Department
And, thankfully, the girls humored me and pulled over in Hayward so I could take photos of The World's Largest Fish:
The World's Largest Fish
Hayward, WI
Hayward is also home to the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, but I just can't get particularly excited about mounted fish (with the exception of the McDonald's Filet of Fish commercial that Teresa introduced me to this past weekend) so we skipped that. I'm sorry to report that we also skipped The Moccasin Bar, but plans for another girls' weekend are already in the works for October and we're planning to visit it then.
Thanks for a fabulous, fun-filled weekend, Katie!
2 comments:
HA! I expected to see something huge! Awesome fish!
Of course the cabin has internet, don't you remember the cabins we stayed at for Megan's birthday...oh wait.
Post a Comment