Bienvenidos a Minnestrella!

Friday, October 16, 2009
I lost my job yesterday.  I've been contemplating starting a blog for quite some time, but I've never felt like I had the time--probably because for the last two years my entire life has revolved around my job.  Now that I have my life back (Hello, life!), I decided I should get a hobby.  So, here I am, setting up my first blog.  (Well, sort of.  I did a roadtrip this summer with some girlfriends and we blogged from the road, but this time I can't depend on them to keep things interesting!)  I'm not going to make any promises as far as what this blog is going to be about because it's probably going to be kind of random.  You may find posts about the sighting of a new roadside attraction, a culinary adventure, Minnesota culture, or pretty much anything else that strikes me.  Since I haven't really done this before I figure I'll probably just play it by ear. 

If you're wondering what Minnestrella means, the truth is that it doesn't translate.  Because it's not a real word.  Oh well.  Here's where it came from:  The "Minnes--" is an homage to my new home state of Minnesota (which I love!).  "Estrella" is the Spanish word for "star."  When I studied in Spain in college my friends dubbed me T*Star.  The nickname followed me back to the States, and this summer the same friends translated it to Spanish.  Since then, T*Star has become interchangeable with Estrella.  So, Minnestrella (pronounced "minn-es-stray-ya") is a combination of Minnesota and the Spanish word for Star.  (Shout out to Jaime for coming up with it!)

Sooo...I think that's enough of an introduction.  Welcome to my blog!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I heart it! minn-es-stray-ya?... Got it! :)

Trish said...

Pants, you geek--that little lesson was obviously not for you. I know your creative Spanglish is just fine! :) But don't you mean that you less than three it?? XO

Sazzle said...

Oh no! Honey, I didn't know you lost your job. Are you ok?

Trish said...

Yeah Stef, I'm okay. Everything happens for a reason! :)

Unknown said...

Bummer on the loss of job! Any prospects???

Post a Comment