So last Thursday (a little over a week ago) I packed my bags and drove to St. Louis for the wedding festivities. It's a 10-hour drive and I had a few things I had to take care of at home before I could leave, so I didn't get in until about 12:30, but since I had just been there for her bridal shower three weeks before we could skip the house tour and get right down to the important stuff--namely me seeing their new Nintendo Wii and their Mii's and creating a Mii that looked exactly like me. (Side note: Does anyone actually choose the head that looks like a piece of toast??) Anyways, we were up until about 3:30 a.m. doing important things like that, and then we finally crashed.
Friday was a busy day, but we checked a lot of items off of Missy's To Do List. Besides running errands for things like ringbearer gifts and pantyhose, finishing decorating the reception hall, and getting nails done, Missy took her mom, sister, niece, and me out to lunch at this great tearoom in Godfrey called Josephine's. Lunch was delicious, but more importantly it was the first event of the weekend honoring Missy and her nuptials! Oh, and she got her photo taken with some guys in some pretty spectacular hats while we were there, too.
Friday night was the rehearsal, which went exceptionally well. The priest was a perfectionist and didn't love the YouTube spoof my walking partner and I tried out on our way down the aisle, so we weren't allowed to go to the rehearsal dinner until we'd all walked silently down the aisle as if it were the real thing. The dinner was delicious, and Friday night Missy and I slumber-partied with her family at her parents' house. I was really touched that she asked me to stay with them.
Saturday morning we were up early to get hair and make-up done. Missy's wonderful friend Sarah came to the house to do Missy's make-up, then followed us to the salon and did the bridesmaids' make-up as we finished up with hair. After a quick trip home for some photos and some sloppy joe's courtesy of Sharon (Missy's mom) we were headed to the church!
The reception was fantastic. It was so much fun to see so many old friends, and the dance floor was hoppin' all night long. The Delta Gamma's toasted Missy and Sean, and when Sean played a special Delta Gama song for us I pulled him onto the dance floor to breakdance in the middle of our circle. At the end of the night Joe (Missy's dad) got on the dance floor and sang "My Way" (No, not the song by Usher. The song by Frank Sinatra.), which was beautiful.
After the reception the DG's did what anyone would do after a wedding reception: We went to a drag show. It was the first for many of us, and it was a great time, though we were surprised to find out that there were only three or four drag queens there. One of the queens was especially fond of Becky, and Jeff (Lily's hubby) eventually had to move into a corner of the room, not because the drag queens were hitting on him, but because other patrons couldn't seem to keep their hands off.
Overall the weekend was a huge success. Missy and Sean are happily married, and everyone had a wonderful time. It's hard to believe that they're actually married now, but I went ahead and changed her name in my phone so I can start getting used to her new last name. Lots of love to Missy and Sean, and thanks for an incredibly fun weekend!
2 comments:
I can't believe I missed this post! You are adorable, and I just got to read this! LOVE YOU!
Aww, I love you too, MRS. Roark!
Post a Comment