10. I no longer make casseroles. I make "hot dishes." I correct people who say "casserole" and my entire family has now taken to saying "hot dish" in honor of my new home.
9. Friends are starting to call me out on my accent. And not just when I say "Minn-e-soooo-ta." Gone are the days when I'm called out for saying "caw-fee."
8. Until the temperatures reach negative numbers I'll be running errands in a down vest. It's just a little chilly. I'll wear a winter coat when it gets cold out.
7. I say "spendy" instead of "expensive" and I don't even realize it.
6. I own a dozen scarves but not a single pair of shorts. And I think I need more scarves.
5. I have a recipe for tater tot hot dish. I make it. And I love it. I even gave it to a friend at her bridal shower recently and it wasn't as a joke. I really thought she needed to have the recipe.
4. I attended a wedding where the guests were asked to respond to the officiant with a "You betcha!"
3. It's 48 degrees and I have every window and sliding door in my condo open. You know, to cool the place down a little.
2. I gave up my Chicago phone number of 6 years and got a local number. (Don't forget to update your phone accordingly!)
1. I have a Minnesota driver's license! I finally went to the DMV today, and I'm proud to report that I passed my written test with flying colors (despite the fact that I apparently don't know how fast tractors go. I'm not too upset about that.). So yeah, it's official. I'm Minnesotan now!
"I miss camping!" - T*Star
15 years ago
4 comments:
I cannot begin to describe to you how much I love #4 and how much I want to say "You Betcha!" this Saturday! However, I reserve the right to utter an "Uff Da" is the situation presents itself.
WoooHooo Minnesnowta!!!! I love it :) I just had to try to explain to a good friend from MN last weekend that she has a very noticeable accent and that yes, it does have a hint of Canadia in it... I wonder if I said Canadia in our convo... :) And I totally say spendy too!!!!!
Wow...awesome :) How do they say coffee in Minnesota?
Stef--just like in Michigan. :) I started picking up the New York accent when I lived there and got called out on it when I said things like "caw-fee."
Missers--it was fantastic. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Also, my eye doctor said "uff-da" during my exam a couple of weeks ago. I don't think you ever want a doctor to say "uff-da..."
Post a Comment