Happy Holidays!

Thursday, January 7, 2010
As usual, Christmas 2009 came and went in a whirlwind of carols, gifts, delicious home-cooked meals, family game nights, and a whole lot of hours on the road.  We're fortunate that we still get to have my brother and his family (wife Paula and step-daughter Amanda-16) for Christmas each year, so we all meet at Jan & Ron's house in Chicago for the festivities and some much-needed quality family time.  Since they say a picture's worth a thousand words I think I'll post a few photos and let your imaginations fill in the gaps.

There was a family dinner with Tyler and Debbie (Ron's son and his fiance):


There was family caroling on Christmas Eve:


Some of us caroled in our pajamas:


We admired the snow and scoped out the gifts while we waited for Jan & Ron to make their Christmas morning debuts:


There was a lot of coffee:


And then there were the annual family portraits in front of the tree:










We got a little silly:






And then we opened gifts:








There was a blast from the past:



And people plotted how to get their hands on other people's gifts:



There was roast beast:


There was primping:


There was hijacking of cameras:


And on the way home there were snowflakes that actually looked like snowflakes:


And before we know it we'll be doing it all again.  Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Glad to see you had such a wonderful holiday, everyone looks so great and so happy. Did your brother get breadsticks for Christmas? That sounds amazing!

Trish said...

Thanks, Hillary! Unfortunately no breadsticks for us. Julia Weddell (now Julia Selleys) brought me a Spanky's Pizza t-shirt in that pizza box last January so I saved the box. My brother emailed me asking about the secret of the sauce recently so I thought he'd get a kick out of opening a gift in that box. Plus it looked cute under the tree!

Missy said...

There is a lot I love about this post. I'll number it. #1) Jan and Ron caroling. Precious. #2) Jan and Ron's house! So pretty! #3) Sister/Brother strangling in front of the tree. #4) Amanda...prancing? #5) Ron + Santa hat + pajamas + coffee = love. #6) Your gloves in the last picture. Oh, and you. I love you!

Post a Comment