I went to a spin class this morning that I haven't been to before. I'm trying to get back into going once a week, and in the past I've always gone at 5 or 6 in the evening. I didn't want to find myself making dinner at 9 o'clock tonight so I went to class this morning for something different. And boy, was it! First of all, there are something like 60 bikes in the studio and there wasn't a single one empty. It's a 60-minute class and the instructor was 10 minutes late. (Don't worry, he kept us late to make up the time.) When he arrived he just sort of swept into the room without acknowledging that he had 60 people sitting there waiting for him. Kind of rude, right? The lady next to me leaned over at one point and said, "Geeze, he's always late, but he's not usually THIS late!" So apparently it's a pattern. Too bad you have to show up so early to claim a bike! Anyways, we started cycling and in case I wasn't already sure (and I was), I knew I was in the stay-at-home moms class when Wilson Phillips came on. And everyone rocked out. I guess he knows his audience. The instructor spent a lot of time posing on his bike and eventually he unzipped his 1/4-zip top (slooooowly) and announced, "I've EARNED the right to do this! Yeah!" At another point he accused the whole class of eating the entire bag of Cheetos last night. Then he kept yelling at us to talk to him. I was like dude, I'm spinning here. If you're doing your job I shouldn't be able to talk. Then he was all, "You hate me. You hate me, don't you? Yeah, you hate me. Well I'm transforming your body." I can't decide if it was the best spin class ever or the worst. He simultaneously cracked me up and irritated the daylights out of me. I was like, dude--just shut up and give me more hills! It'll be interesting to see if I go back next week. If nothing else, it was nice having my workout in before noon!
(Note: I did not take the photo above. I found it at www.nymag.com. I felt the need to share the caption, because it was probably the best part of the photo: "A normal, sedate spin class. The type that could go to hell at any minute." Which is pretty much how I feel about spinning. It's a love/hate relationship.)
"I miss camping!" - T*Star
15 years ago

2 comments:
Sorry I've been away from the Minnestrella blog so long, but I loved the quote about spin class' possibility of going to hell at any minute & I totally was busted for not paying attention to a convo last night when I read Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and laughed so hard out loud that I snorted. I want to be that winner!! You crack this crackleen up! Oh and I totally quoted pit twice over christmas when I doubted my familys trading honesty in Settlers of Catan (a kick a$$ german board game I'm obsessed with). You make me smile! Thanks for llamando la atencio to my absense, it was so not on purpose! Keep on keepin on & I hope to see you soon!!
Col, I'm glad you liked Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I can't believe that didn't get any comments. I'm beginning to think no one cares about my culinary victories. Which is sad since today is Crockpot Experimentation Day and I'm totally going to win. Anyways, welcome back! Sorry I had to call you out but I missed you. Phone date soon? XO
Post a Comment